McAfee Certifications

I was told to go take a couple of McAfee certification exams by my boss since a) I handle McAfee for our company and b) we have training money to burn leftover from last quarter.

I'm thinking I will take ePO and HIPS. Anyone know of any study material other than the McAfee boot camps? I've spent the last hour googling around and haven't found anything that looks useful.

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Global Knowledge has some McAfee programs, but I would assume the dates are few and far between.

IT Security and Cybersecurity Training from Global Knowledge

Its the Foundstone program. Now that I look, it looks like all of them are all On-site classes, no online or classroom based courses. You may be able to purchase the materials from them, i'm not sure.
  • doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like lame advice but the best material I've found for McAfee are their manuals. Boring as hell...yes, but they cover everything!

I never considered certifying with McAfee but I've read just about all of their manuals for ePO and the Total Endpoint Protection suite: AV, HIPS, Firewall, Endpoint Encryption, SAE, etc. Everything you need is right there in the manuals. If you've got a current agreement you can login and download everything - admin manuals, deployments guides, the works.

Let us know how the class/cert exam experience is - I'm curious to know.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Doesn't McAfee itself provide training for their own products or recommend an official training provider (such as GK)?

The certs would just be to prove that you stayed awake and learned something during the training.
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I've got all the product guides and yes, they have classroom training they recommend but I pretty much live in ePO so don't really need that much training. I was just hoping for something a little more targeted than "memorize the product guides." I think I'll just go take it and see what happens. Worst case, I fail it and take it again once I know what's on it.