Options

Time between ICND1&2

wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
How long after passing ICND1 should I go for ICND2?

My current rate of study is 2-3 nights per week (3 hours ish) and all day 1 day at the weekend (8 hours).

I passed N+ in 1 month study and ICND1 im doing about a month also. Is ICND2 much harder?

I just got 710 in a boson test for ICND1 after 1 week study so I'm confident I can hit 850-900 by the time I test in 3 weeks.

Heard ICND2 is harder. 2 months enough? Want to get it done and dusted then move on to a Windows Server qualification as soon as I can!

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vJoshvJosh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently passed ICND2 and I actually found it easier then ICND1, partly because I found there isn't as much material to cover and it's more hands on knowledge rather than theory. I had a few weeks break in between. You should be able to pass it in 2 months, just depends how much you apply yourself.
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    I took my ICND2 three weeks after the first. I had studied for both though previously. Once you can consistently score 850+ on the Boson, you should be ready. Good luck

J
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    I took a year. I got discouraged after failing twice. Just don't give up and it can be done in less time :)
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    ICND1 has more therocial questions. ICND2 is more practical & Lab sims, CLI commands. To me it iseems easier to prapare for ICND2. I been studying about 35-40 hours total time, i already start hitting 800points mark. I am taking the exam in may7. Hopefully i will be fully ready.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TurK-FX wrote: »
    ICND1 has more therocial questions. ICND2 is more practical & Lab sims, CLI commands. To me it iseems easier to prapare for ICND2. I been studying about 35-40 hours total time, i already start hitting 800points mark. I am taking the exam in may7. Hopefully i will be fully ready.

Agreed with this, I'm kind of in the same boat. I feel like I over-prepared for ICND1 - which is good! - and am finding the material in ICND2 to be pretty straight forward. Got most of the CLI stuff down after about 3 weeks, now I just need to spend a few weeks reinforcing to be certain.

The main problem I'm having now is I'm getting too interested in too many topics at once (linux/security) and getting side-tracked. Stay focused and I don't think you'll have any problem with that schedule..good luck!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It took me 2.5 months between ICND1 and ICND2. As mentioned the ICND2 has more CLI based questions, which personally I enjoy :)
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds about right, Ive put in around 15-20 hours so far, so by the end of next week around 30+ hours hopefully and I can start to get higher scores. I'm still learning the study guide and coming up against new stuff so im not concerned about my 700 so far. I can subnet but think I can be faster and it seems they're the questions i've been taking time on. Also ive not really labbed much yet, I use packet tracer when using the study guide but no dedicated sessions yet. Feeling confident so far!

Oh and also the CBT nugget person is way better on CCNA than N+! He relates everything really well and his voice is a little more tolerable than the N+ guy!

Think im gonna go 2 months to be safe after ICND1, don't want to give myself too much time though because I feel like I learn better under pressure!
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2-3 months in between ICND1 & ICND2 should be enough.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security