215 in the books.....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
I actually got around to taking 70-215, and much to my own surprise, I passed! :) I'm ususally rather confident when testing, but this was different because I had limited time to study, and even in my own lab, there is only so far practice can take you.

I used Sybex for my main book, along with some very helpful Technotes from here, and an Exam Cram sheet I read right before I tested. Score came to 760, and 700 is passing. I did better in areas I thought I would do worse in like security, and didn't do as well with simple install type questions. I received a very broad sprectrum of questions, it seemed to touch on a topic for 1 or 2, then come back 20 Q's later. I used the "mark" feature, and reviewed any question I was unsure of, or had second doubts on.

Well, here I go for the finale, 218 makes me MCSA. I'm going to try to keep going with my studies to help with the crossover of 215/218. I was thinking of trying next week to take advantage of the 2nd shot program before it ends, but I think I'll just take the time to study. I'd rather know what I'm talking about as opposed to just having a pass/second chance to pass.
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

I thought 218 was a lot easier than the 215 exam, also because of the overlap between 210/215 and 218. Good luck with that one!
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Conrats! .. icon_cheers.gif

You're 1 exam shy of your MCSA, you should take 218 as soon as you feel ready! I've been seeing/reading about you "Chuggin along" for quite some time.

"JUST DO IT" - Nike.

Again, Congratulations on your pass! - ?? R U Celebrating your pass .. drunken_smilie.gif ??
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I actually got around to taking 70-215, and much to my own surprise, I passed! :) I'm ususally rather confident when testing, but this was different because I had limited time to study, and even in my own lab, there is only so far practice can take you.

Congratulations :D

That's about how I felt when I took my 215. Thought for certain I would be taking it again, but passed.

Still hesitating on 218.......
    Frankly, just do not have the time to prepare (again) and currently am not using it, but I will within two years.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Ricka! Good luck on the 218! icon_thumright.gif
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    well done
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • l2704l2704 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    Congrats for passing your exam.
    I am studying for my 70-215. I am also using Sybex.
    I would like to know where I could get the exam cram sheet for 70-215.

Thank you.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Exam cram is a product you have to buy.
    i remain, he who remains to be....