Options

IP Route !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Discontiguous networks, that's it. What you know know is that with a discontiguous network design, it's not working; without it, it's working. That's your starting hypothesis untill you can prove otherwise.

That's exactly what i was thinking from the beginning, that this has to do with the non-contiguos networks that i have.

And, i have tried it on both the BOSON & Network Visualizer its not working on both of them. I was just surprised as to how is it possible that non of the geek's around here noticed that problem with these so called world class simulator's icon_rolleyes.gif

I also checked out on a lot of books which go through testing IP Route command on so many simulators, all of them surprisingly only choose subnetted networks with the same subnet masks on the serial & the ethernet ports so that no one ever knows that there might be a problem. The sample labs in Network Visualizer & the BOSON also play with the same trick icon_wink.gif

But today i am gonna try EIGRP on the simulator & put the final nail on the coffin to make sure the problem is what we think it is.
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    2lazybutsmart wrote:
    Discontiguous networks, that's it. What you know know is that with a discontiguous network design, it's not working; without it, it's working. That's your starting hypothesis untill you can prove otherwise.

I use discontigous nets all the time with static/rip/eigrp/and ospf and have no probems.

I can build your config on my lab at home. Just to keep everything as close as possible, what routers are you using, I assume you are use the default encap HDLC for your serial links since you didnt specify PPP. Ill try to do it tonight when I am back at the hotetl. Its going to be a bug in the software.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p