Options

How do the Train Signal videos compare to books

dynamitekiddynamitekid Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I heard that the Train Signal video for windows server 2008 R2 are more complete than the microsoft books. Do you agree?

Comments

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    No, I definitely don't agree. Video is obviously more visual than a few hard-copy screen shots. Only in this way would I consider it "more complete". You can't really compare a video to a book, IMO. They are both used for different aspects of learning.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    QHalo wrote: »
    Use both, profit.
    yes! right here
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    The videos are much more comprehensive when it comes to showing/explaining on how to do something practical. However, the book teaches you the theory behind it and helps you understand How and Why you need that and how it works. Currently I'm reading through DNS in the book, and I've just finished reading about Split-Brain and whole brain. The video would graze over this, but not explaining the scenario in which contoso.com would be at an advantage/disadvantage for using the split/whole brain approach.

I've used both CBT nuggets and Trainsignal videos and have read MS Press and a couple of other books (technet is really worth reading as well)
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com