Options

Well, just went ahead and scheduled ICND1

pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've spent 2 months studying. Every single night for hours, even weekends. Used Odom's book, simulators, practice exams... you name it I tried it. I feel like I'm going over everything that I already know. Took an assessment on Cisco's sight and I scored over 90% on it. The practice tests that I took where I didn't score well it is because I didn't read the question carefully enough, not because I didn't know the material. I guess that means I need to just go ahead and take the test. See just how ready I am. I have a week left. Anyone have any suggestions for things to do a week before the exam?

Comments

• Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just took the ICND1 Exam on Saturday. I did not pass but the best advise I can give is know subnetting. My subnetting score for the test was 50%.
    That what's what I would work on if you are confident on all the other material a week before the test.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    Among my everyday studying, I do 5-10 questions on subnettingquestions.com. I can't claim to do them insanely fast, but I can do most of the math in my head and get every question correct.
  • Options
    Oh and I saw your post, I am sorry you didn't pass. Don't ever let a failure get you down though mgmguy1. Persevere. That is how we learn. Thomas Edison said he failed 10,000 times before he succeeded.
  • Options
    adrianKeithadrianKeith Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck!! I've been doing the same thing with subnetting using various sites to test my knowledge. i'll be scheduling mine as well soon!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Just relax. You seem to be well prepared so don't stress yourself. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have basic knowledge about subnetting. Relax.
    If you are good with subnetting then ICND1 would be a piece of cake.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    mdominomdomino Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sat on subnettingquestions.com for a couple of hours until I could do the problems in my head almost instantly. Once you get to that point, make sure you understand the concepts and you'll be fine. Can't stress understanding the concepts enough, though. The questions aren't just trivia but a way to make sure that you not only read the material but know what they are talking about!