Options

Anyone used uCertify products for anything?

sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
Has anyone used uCertify products for anything?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what CCNA? What's the need?
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    for practice to pass the damn CCNA
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i have used Ucertify, it was pretty good, not the best thing ever, but definitely helpful
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    guerrillaguerrilla Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They copy most of their questions from other prep-kits. They're garbage, wish I would have noticed earlier.
  • Options
    wirelessguywirelessguy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have not taken the exam yet, but there is no question that the CSSLP course was very poor quality. The list of problems goes on and on.

- Zero course content and zero practice questions on several subjects that are in the official text book. Why were these completely skipped?
    - Thin course material in general. An official chapter is ~50 pages, and the ucertify chapter might be ~10 (although page counts varied, all were thin.
    - Very disorganized material, e.g. a few paragraphs on pen testing, 2-3 pages on other subjects then a few more paragraphs on pen testing. Multiple occurrences of this. Sloppy.
    - Many of the practice questions were useless, e.g. text simply lists 20 security standards like NIST 800-100, along with the title and then there are a bunch of questions like "which NIST standard describes security policy: NIST 100, NIST 101, NIST, 110 or NIST 111. Imagine someone handing you a list of 50 random addresses, telling you to read it a few times, then taking the list from you and asking "what was the house number of the house on Elm street?" Tests nothing but pointless memorization. Zero value. Actually worse: A waste of my time.
    - Typos and grammar errors in the text were identically repeated in the quiz questions. Can you say clueless copy/paste?
    - Whereas most chapter quizzes had 50 or more practice questions, and included detailed explanations for the right and wrong answers, Chapter 6 inexplicably has only 12 practice questions and not a single one had an explanation !!. Not one !! What ?!?! Someone clearly waited until the last minute, realized they had a deadline and slapped it together in 15 minutes. Absurd.
    - On average ~10% of Chapter X practice questions are really Chapter Y practice questions. Same for course material. Sloppy. Why are those questions here, not there where they belong? Why is that material here, not there where it belongs?
    - Course material does not follow same sequence or use same subject headings as official text. If this is intended to complement the official text book, the material should be organized along the same lines, not randomly.
    - And the wild card: Some course material and practice questions on topics not mentioned at all in the official text book. If the rest of the material was stellar, I would conclude they were trying to hint that the exam will cover subject X even though it was not in the book and so uCertify is doing me a favor by providing material to study. But since the overall quality is so bad, I can't help but wonder if they pulled this material out of their you-know-what, if the material is completely irrelevant, and if I should skip it all together. This has me really p's'd off.

Like I said, I haven't taken the exam yet so can't give a bottom line on whether there was any value at all here, but certainly the value of the course material and practice questions was very poor. The thing that makes me even madder is that I wasted my valuable time plowing though all this low quality material. I will not be buying any more courses from them.