Options

Defcon 21

jasong318jasong318 Member Posts: 102
That time of the year again, room and flight booked! Anyone going to make it to Defcon this year? Looked for JD Murray but there were a surprising amount of peeps wearing hawaiin shirts :) Perhaps an informal techexams.net meetup in the chill area?

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm trying to get my employer to pay for me to go this year. I'm a Vegas local so that helps. I've only been to one and had a blast. It's at the Rio this year which is better than other hotels that they've had it at.
  • Options
    I've paid for it myself and think it's worth every penny spent! And I love the Rio, the room I had last year was amazing (considering I'm used to staying at Holidays Inns for work :), as a local, any recommendations for places to eat? Mainly spent last year eating pizza and visiting all the hot spots on the strip to eat...
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I booked last month. I've been going to Black Hat and DEFCON on and off since 2001 when DEFCON was still at the Alexis Park. Back then you had a lot of overcrowded rooms where the air conditioning didn't work and the fire marshall would kick everyone out and line back in so the seating capacity rules were observed. More chaotic and in its own way, "interesting."

I'm assuming at the Rio the folks that stay there still get a closed-circuit TV feed of each of the talks? The reason I booked at the Rio was so I could watch from the peace and quiet of my own room if some of the talks had lines circling the corners of the halls.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    Yep, the talks are streamed to the rooms! well, when they're actually working correctly :) Some talks didn't have audio, some only showed the speaker and not the slides, etc. But definitely nice to be able to head to the room though when you're spent and watch some talks though!