Options

Need help...Beginner

Drupz21Drupz21 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have no experience in I.T, a 21 year old who wants to have a career in I.T.

How long will it take to study the 220-701 and 220-702? Any chance of getting it done before this version expires?

I have just received the exam cram book, a+ all in one certification for dummies and watch the prof messer videos. Is that enough? What is the best ways to memorize the info as I have started taking notes?

Comments

• Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that would be enough, I had read the Mike Meyers book as well, but that took me a while to get through. The exam cram book is very good and condensed. As long as you can get clarification on anything you don't quite grasp due to the condensed context, you should be ok.
  • Options
    Drupz21Drupz21 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I should be able to get it done by end of august? I have all the free time in the world at the moment. The exam cram is full of questions which is good
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you might be able to pass them both before they expire. I just passed the 702 yesterday after. I guess I spent a total of five months studying for both of them but that's taking your time. If you really dedicate yourself, you can pass sooner. I suggest getting a non-cram style book, though. I used Mike Myers' All-In-One guide. It was a little helpful but CompTIA likes to surprise you.
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Should be plenty of time.

Print off the exam objectives and tick them off as you feel comfortable with that topic as you read/watch your study material. Once you've ticked off all the topics go for the exam.

Could even book your exam now for 2-3 months time to provide motivation.