Options

Nervous now that I took a full practice exam!

abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
56% is what I scored on my practice test that came with my mike meyers AIO book.
It really broke my motivation. I dont think I am retaining what I read or something else is going on.
I was planning to take the Net plus in May, I dont know it that will be possible now. lol
Its so hard to study for this class, I want to study for the Network plus alone, But I have a dang math class and a operating systems class. BLEGH!
Network+

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Getting feedback from a practice test is valuable. You can use it to help you realize what you understand and what you don't understand. There are a lot of concepts to master and I'd recommend you dig into the concepts behind each of the questions you missed. The good news is that you know what topics you need to dig into deeper. Good luck.
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same thing happened to me, then I bought Todd Lammle's Network+ study guide, read it in 2 weeks and passed. If you're not too busy you should still have enough time. I read 2 chapters per night from 6pm to 10pm.
  • Options
    dwcoffindwcoffin Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am unable to just read and retain. Once you have studied some materials whether video, podcast, or books, put it down and reiterate what you need to know on to a piece of paper and then use that for studying. For me I end up with a bunch of small study sheets for different topics and occasionally rewrite them to reinforce what I know. In the process you end up with some kind of mnemonic trigger that helps with the retention. Example is memorizing common port #'s but once I started jotting them down in numberical order I created my own mnemonic phrase for the order that the protocols ended up in and it took me about 2 days of just having that stuck in my head like a song that wouldn't go away and now I don't think I will ever forget the port #s.

See my reply to forum:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/42866-how-do-you-all-remember-common-port-numbers.html#post738755

It worked for me. If it works for you great, if not you will come up with another method.

Best of Luck!
  • Options
    DragonrangerDragonranger Member Posts: 101
    Im in the same boat. I finished reading the book cover to cover and ended up scoring a 69% I've got 2 weeks before my test so u can bet I will do everything I can to raise that score! According to the test Network Installation and Configuration and Network Media and topologies. Much work left to be done.