Options

Old CCNA exam using new material

maniac_73maniac_73 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, Im currently in process of renewing my CCNA as I had let it expire last year. My company has credits with global Knowledge and they currently only offer a bootcamp on the new CCNA exam. Im using conventional studying with the current/old ccna material (odom, cbt) and will use the bootcamp as final prepartion. Would taking the new CCNA objective bootcamp work for sitting the old/current 802 exam?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Take a look at the subjects they will be covering and then bounce it off the exam objectives. Fill in the blanks and you will be good to go. 90% of it isn't changing. They are reinventing the protocols because Cisco made a new CCNA exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The new exam drops RIP, SDM, and Wireless LANs, while adding a bunch of High-Availability (FHRP, etc...) protocols, some licensing material (how to check licenses, etc...) and alot more IPv6 from what I can tell. So, you should be able to use the new material and simply read up on RIP, SDM, and Wi-Fi to fill in the blanks. Personally, I would have just taken the new tests myself (I love that they did away with RIP, SDM, and Wireless), except the new IPv6 material seems a little daunting.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]