Options

Anyone have experience with Bromium?

forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
I saw a presentation on this company's vSentry platform recently and was intrigued by its promise to eliminate all malware by 100%. Yeah, one hundred percent.

Their software works by silo-ing processes and tasks so that malware live and die with the start and end of each initiation.

Once installed and configured, there's no need to ever patch or update MS Windows for security vulnerabilities. The speaker still recommends software patching, however it's just not required for be secure.

I wonder if it's too good to be true; if it's as good as they claim, why hasn't MS bought it out?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had a chat with Bromium last year. It's a good concept but the idea of sandboxing the browser isn't new. I hope that they succeed. I got a free licence from them and I have been toying with the idea of bringing in their product to some of the higher risk areas of our organization. But it just hasn't been a high priority for me.

BTW - you still have to patch. I believe only the browser and certain apps are sanboxed.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Bromium sounds like an isotope of Bromantium, which can only be found in the mountains of Brohime in the country of Brohamia, ruled by King Broseph. Just saying.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Was going to ask the same question... is anyone using Bromium? How exactly does it work (VM, appliance, etc)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed