Question for users of CBTNuggets online

MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those of you that don;t know both trainsignal and cbt nuggets are now following an online subscription model.

I have signed up with a monthly subscription to trainsignal for $49 a month and have generally been pretty happy.
Trainsignal does include the Transcender practice exam questions but I'm missing the test conditions/training modes that were present in the full Transcender practice exam software.

My question to those of you that have tried CBT nuggets online...
it states that "a full year of access to every Kaplan Self-test and Transcender® exam-prep" is included.
What are these practice exams like? Does this come with the functionality that you expect from the Transcender testing software?
E.g. optimised testing based on ur weak areas, preset timed exams, etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes the tests are full functionality. You can optimize the test, do certification mode, etc. They're actually very nice. Let me know if you want to see a screen shot.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds just what I was looking for
    Yes please show me a screenshot - that would be great! icon_cheers.gif

Also can you comment on the kaplan self-test?
    Both of the tests look like this in the actual exam section. They also both allow you to optimize based on key words, sections, etc. Very nice perk.

Also I haven't done a Kaplan test yet. The transcender is as good as I expected. They don't have tests up for all of the 2012 stuff yet so I'm not sure how often it updates.
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    The transcender exams are as expected. Full featured and the ones I have done so far include detailed answer explanations and resource links. CBT didn't seem to limit that.
  • MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you kindly. icon_cheers.gif

Though cbtnuggets IT training is twice as expensive,
    with the full practice exam functionality it's worthy of at least a try.

Will probably sign up for a month when I'm ready for my next set of exams.
    I think the monthly fee model for training is the best thing that has happened to certification. I can usually bust through a test in a month or so. I used to spend 100 dollars on a month of practice tests and then also buy the nuggets. Now I can watch nuggets, watch trainsignals, and still pay less than half what I used to. I've never really went back to the 2003 videos after I passed the test.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, i was about to get Ucertify, but for a lower price I can get a month of CBT plus practice tests? pretty much a no brainer
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark