Soon to graduate - WGU MBA IT Management: Need some advice!

armageddon85armageddon85 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks,

Got some really great advice when I was about to start the MBA program at WGU. My time is coming to a close! I graduate in July. Let me tell you this degree is no joke. The courses really make you prepare for the situations you might encounter!

Now another question! I'm looking to bolster my resume by adding some quick certifications. Which cert would be the quickest and provide the most value for my resume? I'm looking at going down the business analyst/project manager path. I do know that project+ and the pm and pmp are good but I need something I can tackle with relative ease that will appeal to hiring managers.

Any ideas?

Comments

• dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    The ITIL stuff is usually pretty good on the management side.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Project+ is pretty easy too. Not sure how respected it is for people in the PM field.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would say ITIL 2011 I believe the project + would not have as much impact as it is seen as an introduction into project management and project management theory, and even though ITIL 2011 is entry level too, you can and will have more to gain from it if you had to choose one or the other..(Plus you can go into specialized deeper paths, and companies do look for ITIL people to implement it's infrastructure.)

I am going to get both, and I actually am undecided know about the MBA: Please keep us informed on how it works out for you... I start the BS IT MAy 1, and was hoping to follow up, but i'm hearing the ROI is not as much as it would if I just get some ITIL knowledge and maybe go for the MSISA...good thing I have 7 months to find out.