Options

EMC VNX Training - Cheap sources???? CBTs?

010101010101 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to learn my new VNX5300 inside and out. I bought the ISM book from EMC which is okay, but I was hoping there's some sort of video training or something?

CBTNuggets has nothing. It seems like all I can find is something like this, and it's $5,000 for a Virtual class!
VNX Unified Storage Deployment and Management at Global Knowledge

Anyone know of other sources to learn this thing?
I'm playing with it, getting hands on, but would like more direction.

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I'm not aware of anything outside of vendor training. Unfortunately storage related classes are not cheap because they have to provide the equipment to do the labs on. Tough to learn using just books. EMC has a VNX simulator, similar to the ONTAP simulator. I've never used theirs, as I'm not a customer so I can't compare it to the NetApp one. Which is amazing.

If you're messing with one at work, can you get your employer to foot the bill?

Edit: looks like you can download their simulator. Just have to sign up for an account. Interesting...
    https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-4092
  • Options
    I'm thinking about asking my employeer. We'll see....
    Good call on the simulator!
  • Options
    I just downloaded it myself to take a look at it. Seems decent so far. But my experience with EMC is just lacking so I'm not sure how much it can really do just yet. Hopefully it helps you out.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe the VNX simulator is only VNX File, not Block.

I agree about the NetApp simulator, it is strong.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    jcadarshjcadarsh Banned Posts: 32 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please PM me in case you are looking for VNX stuff.
  • Options
    rizi.jbuttrizi.jbutt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking for VNX stuff. can you share Video's and administration guide books etc.
  • Options
    EMC has a 50% off sale right now.
    I picked up a VNX DVD for $1,500 instead of $3,000.
    Still stupid expensive, but whatever, time to learn...

• Options
    Do you have a VNX that you currently work on?