Options

Red X by on security tab by administrator account

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
While troubleshooting an issue in Win 7, I did notice when checking the security of a folder that the admin account has a red X by it. They have full privledges but still have this red X. We do have a program that will not start that resides in this folder that has to be run as an admin. Any idea why this is there and how to clear it? I cant find anything on it when I try to Google it.

Comments

• Options
    dr.whodr.who Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    possible need to add the PC back onto your domain, or make sure it's on the domain and not workgroup. Also it's the folder, not the share right? Other then that check to see if that is the actual admin account that you are using and not the built-in admin account. As once you put it on your domain like many I have seen they disable that account for security purposes. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    dr.whodr.who Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Still having problems with it or did you solve it? Just curious sort of wondering what the cause/fix either or was.
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    you can try and take ownership and try to add a group "everyone" and give full permissions to them. This sometimes can work with this problem.
  • Options
    arshadp1980arshadp1980 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the same issue, Unfortunately could not access the files. Even though I gave permission to all users icon_sad.gif