Options

Important interview test Monday need help

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have an interview Monday for a Temp to hire as Technical support and they said they would be testing me and I know its technical questions. The position will provide technical assistance to the Company computer system and its users.

This position will give technical assistance to the Company systems and its users.
Configure and install new computers such as maintain computer inventory and rotate out old machines
And I would be working with different operating systems used in entering and maintaining a constant flow of programs

So can someone give me some common questions they might ask me on this Tech test so I can prepare???
I absolutely needs this job!

I do have my A+ cert but don't remember all of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and congrats!

Remember your basic troubleshooting techniques and if you choke or just dont know something, be honest about it and say what you would do to figure it out or your next step.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    There are A LOT of results if you search "common tech support interview questions" on google.

What I can give you is the advice of genuinely show you care about the job. Ask the interviewer questions (think em well, memorize em) that show that you are interested in the company and the position.
    How does this work?
    What is a normal day in here?
    How is a WTF sh1t hits the fan day here?
    What do you look in a candidate?
    What quality would you say its indispensable in this job role?

Do your homework about the company too.
    meh
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm very familiar with this type of position.

Couple of piece of information to remember and maybe study up on.

Inventory / Asset Management. Read this http://www.ca.com/us/~/media/files/technologybriefs/itam_cornerstone_for_accelerating_itil_tb.aspx PG 2-5 I believe. Talks about Problem to Incident and IMAC and Asset Management. Should be good knowledge to have in your head for the interview.

***Don't read the whole thing :)

If they ask you the most important thing to do when work on a persons computer ALWAYS say secure their data. Data is priceless

When in doubt say you would align to the corporate regulations, processes, and procedures. EG How would you handle a server that goes down and production is impacted. Don't mess with the technology nonsense (follow the built in processes and procedures) ;)

If I think of more I'll post

LIKE KUR said KNOW THE COMPANY. If they ask you what they do and you blow it (DONE)!
  • Options
    dr.whodr.who Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    remeber your basics, ensure you ask the right questions to find the root cause, iscolate it, then resolve it. Just my thought.

I agree with kurosaki00 and study the company and make sure you have questions. Knowing the company helps to show them you care enough to spend 5 minutes on Google learning something.
  • Options
    This is Excellent advice and help guys! I will use it come Monday and if you have more advice just post it up :)
    Also a recruiter is interviewing me for the company so I don't know if they interview the same.

Also by the test I mean an actual pen and paper test in front of me. Like what is DHCP? or what does a NIC card do? I always get these kind of technical tests at interviews. So I was wondering if you guys know common hardware/software stuff I should know when working with desktop computers.
  • Options
    dr.whodr.who Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So how did it go? Well I hope!
  • Options
    Well it was a recruiter interview and it was very basic and I was overly prepared. They also said I was supposed to do a technical test but when I arrived they didn't give me any tech test.... Basically they forward my resume to the company and put in a good word for me and see of the company wants to interview me.
    but thanks for the advice guys this will help me with future interviews