Options

Any other?

Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
Just curious...are there any other Scuba divers of Skydivers out there in Techexams land?...other than RussS...I will talk him back into the water.. icon_wink.gif:D

Kenny
Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I jumped a handful of times in the early 90's, but nothing since and probably won't for many years to come. So, basically novice status here (cannot think of much lower than novice....other than non-jumper). :)

Scuba - always wanted to learn. Almost became certified in college, but there was a scheduling conflict and I was unable to take the class.....perhaps some day :)

Have you had some nice jumps?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I was in the 101st Airbourne so I made 100's of jumps.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I thought I replied, but I must not have posted it...

I really want to go skydiving, but don't really know where to start. Is there some sort of training required beforehand? About how much does it cost?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    My training was free "Army" but I had to jump into places like Grenada and Panama and others.

There are skydiving schools out there and they all charge different prices.

Go for it. "WHAT A RUSH"
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    yup...I have had some crazy jumps....Not as crazy as Jescab though. No one shooting at me. I had a disturbing jump passing through 900 ft at 120mph...you do the math icon_wink.gif ....I almost didn't make it into the computer industry. :D

Jescab....I spent a few years in the 82nd. I only got 30 static lines though. Never got the mustard stain. I did get about 250 freefall jumps though...for fun and jumping with the 82nd Airborne Freefall Demonstration Team.

To get started, I would check out uspa.org. Look for a training facility in your area. As far as cost....it depends on the method of training. I would figure about 1500-2000 to get signed off to jump by yourself. It is a lot of fun...I haven't jumped in about a year and a half or so.... I spend most of my weekends now scuba diving.....I am working on my NAUI Divemaster.. :D

SGT AIRBORNE.... icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm a scuba PADI drunken_smilie.gif (or rather I was, I need to do it again some time).

I haven't actually dived since 2002, mainly because my last diving trip was in the Bahamas, nothing else will do now! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    thats cool.....are you on the scubaboard...It seems like I have seen that pic before.

2 weeks ago, I was diving in Cozumel and Belize....Man, Belize is awesome.....12 or so large nurse sharks on the first dive..... 8 ft lemon shark on the 2nd dive... :D

Kenny
    Kenny

• Options
    pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not on the scuba board but I've been on these forums a long time.
    That pic was actually on my last dive before flying home. In fact about 200 feet below is an amazing wreck, in one whole piece and the right way up, it's right on the edge of a cliff too, so really spooky. I didnt see it but apparently there's also a train in that area! (south of Providence Island, it rolled off a cargo ship in a storm).

I'd love to go to the waters off Belize, in fact that whole area just looks amazing.

At some point I'd like to be in the water and see some whales. There's a boat trip from Vancouver Island up to Alaska that features that, going to need some more funds first though... icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Well...Belize is a great place to see Whale Sharks certain times in the year.....I think my next blue water trip will actually be in the Gulf of Mexico..(not in close...in the brown water icon_wink.gif ) I really want to take a trip out to the Flower Gardens, when the hammerheads are schooling through. The only problem is most of those trips get canceled because of weather, that time of year..

I am going to try though...

If you do go to Belize, I would recommend heading out to San Pedro. It is about a 15min flight out of Belize City. It is Awesome....nice and quiet...

Kenny
    Kenny