Options

Passed with 889 !!

ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is the first time that i am posting something here. I passed today with a score of 889. Although those 58 questions did'nt exactly take a hell lot of time, but ultimately completed it with some sweat .Some questions were really tough especially the ones on Networking%%.Maybe thatswhat Microsoft exams are all about.It took me all of 1.5 months to prepare and ultimately conquering it.
Webmaster Mr. Johan has done loads of hard work to keep this site going and also providing the free sample questions; not to forget his contribution with technotes----THEY ROCK--REALLY and we all know no one's kidding.I have always been a regular reader and through these forums one can really motivate +learn at the same time.
Here is what i did to clear this exam:
1. Books on sybex,examcram.
2. Loads of free downloadable questions available on the web;Be sure to verify them though.At the end of it all my system ran damn slow as i had loads of test engines installed possibly 15-20. Had a hard time uninstalling them, that's another story.
3. worked routinely 2 hrs everyday on xp pro
4. Installed repeatedly to get a hang of BIOS and the installation procedures.RIS still gives me a headache.
5. Hard work==is there any substitute for it????????
6. The thing which i did'nt do ! Buy some cbt nuggets$$$

Now thinking about 70-290. But I have some doubt about it.Someone told me that it's a very difficult nut to crack!!And advised me to go for the 2000 track and after completing mcse2000 which is the eventual goal for everyone --Update to 2003 track. Views,opinions,arguments/counter-arguments all welcome.Now a question which i don't know--ans file winnt.sif is created on a floppy disk;can it be done on a CD.If so how?Another one --is it possible to upgrade from 98 to xp on c: by copying/renaming the win98 folder.;Also in what sort of software does 70-270 main test engine run on?Details accepted..

Next post will possibly be on the 70-290 forum.But will still keep track of the posts coming in.Again i reiterate Johan did a commendable job .Other forums suck .This one rocks!!!

Signing out----RITAMSHOME

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude...........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations and thanks for the review! icon_thumright.gif
    is it possible to upgrade from 98 to xp on c: by copying/renaming the win98 folder.;
    Would you copy/rename it to preserve it or to upgrade the target folder? Why would you want to do this? Also, you'd still run into problems with the Program Files folder.
    Also in what sort of software does 70-270 main test engine run on?
    Not 100% sure, but I think it's all Windows.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a good score Rita.....
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    osama13osama13 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fail with 496
    I just studied for one week with the exams without read MS Books
    need help
  • Options
    calvinljcalvinlj Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Good luck on your next exam.
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz ritamshome
    This is the first time that i am posting something here. I passed today with a score of 889. Although those 58 questions did'nt exactly take a hell lot of time, but ultimately completed it with some sweat .Some questions were really tough especially the ones on Networking%%.Maybe thatswhat Microsoft exams are all about.It took me all of 1.5 months to prepare and ultimately conquering it.
    Webmaster Mr. Johan has done loads of hard work to keep this site going and also providing the free sample questions; not to forget his contribution with technotes----THEY ROCK--REALLY and we all know no one's kidding.I have always been a regular reader and through these forums one can really motivate +learn at the same time.
    Here is what i did to clear this exam:
    1. Books on sybex,examcram.
    2. Loads of free downloadable questions available on the web;Be sure to verify them though.At the end of it all my system ran damn slow as i had loads of test engines installed possibly 15-20. Had a hard time uninstalling them, that's another story.
    3. worked routinely 2 hrs everyday on xp pro
    4. Installed repeatedly to get a hang of BIOS and the installation procedures.RIS still gives me a headache.
    5. Hard work==is there any substitute for it????????
    6. The thing which i did'nt do ! Buy some CBT Nuggets$$$

This is a nice review for others thats preparing for this exam.
    Oh yeah this was your first post THUS WELCOME TO OUR FORUM. THE PLACE WHERE WE HELP EACH OTHER IN STUDYING.

SO osama13 you failed. Sorry to hear that you failed but you must not give the hope up. Just keep studying. But you wrote something like you didn't read the book. Well my advice and a little personal experience with microsoft testing you will need to read the book from cover to cover and add additional study materials to fill in the gaps and missing point of that book, because not every book is 100% as we all know in this forum. AND after studying make several practice test like Tran$$cender - Mea$$ure Up or Self test software or Preplogic and atleast to get 80% - 90% on the exam.

So i Hope i helped you and I wish you good luck in your studying...

CLIFF
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gee!! I never quite expected such a good response on my first post. Anyway,I would advise osama13 not to take this failure to heart. Failures are the stepping stones to success and never losing hope is the moral of this cruel Microsoft story.Only this time learn/understand from page to page of your text,and practice/discuss lots with your fellow colleagues on your problems.Learning can be fun too.

[Webmaster edit: sorry, discussing actual exam questions is not allowed]

**Was wondering if somebody knew what would happen if All the logical drive letters i.e. C,..Z were all assigned with disk space and had files ?And now a new user added another hard disk.He does not want to create mounted volumes .How & what drive letters can he assign to the new logical volumes that he creates?

**Another question.I don't know how i land up with strange stupid questions.Tried to convert E: from fat32 to ntfs using command line utility.Got result --Unable to convert this batch file.Error.
    Thanks to cliffjag1987 for really liking my first post And to Johan for clearing some doubts.

Signing out--ritamshome
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    ritamshome wrote:
    **Was wondering if somebody knew what would happen if All the logical drive letters i.e. C,..Z were all assigned with disk space and had files ?And now a new user added another hard disk.He does not want to create mounted volumes .How & what drive letters can he assign to the new logical volumes that he creates?
    If he actually used up all logical drive letters, and he wants the drive to be accessible, I see no other option than creating a mounted volume.
    ritamshome wrote:
    **Another question.I don't know how i land up with strange stupid questions.Tried to convert E: from fat32 to ntfs using command line utility.Got result --Unable to convert this batch file.Error.
    That's a strange error message. Did you run the convert util from a batch file on disk Eicon_confused.gif
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    To convert the volume on drive E to NTFS and display all messages, type:

convert e: /fs:ntfs /v

the /v will show all the messages that happend during conversion. So if you run this on you command prompt ( cmd ) and type convert with your drive letter and switches it needs to work. But you said something like you put it in a batch file. ok thats allright because it works the same. If your problem still isn't solved try to convert it with computermanagent where you under storage. YOu get the point right because you recently made the exam icon_wink.gif

Nice question. I think microsoft has to work with by adding more drive lettters like a-z , ab-az etc

Oh yeah but it sometimes happens that this comes for this situation. For this kind of thing they use realy MASS STORAGE DEVICES 1000000PB
    icon_lol.gif