Options

What happened to all the Entry Level IT job

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been having nothing but trouble trying to break into the IT field and it's because I have no real work exp. in IT. All the jobs I see want 2 years of exp. or more. I had HR call me and tell me we need someone with exp for this position. Their job add sits there for over a month and I'm going gee you could have trained me for a week and filled the position.

Comments

• Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try and get an Internship that's how I got my foot through the door
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can afford it, get an internship, if not, try to break into it with the company you currently work for, assuming you work for a company that has an IT field.

I was in your boat recently and could not afford to hop around to an internship, whether it was paid or not since they end and I would be out of a job. I stuck around my job and interviewed for every single IT position that came open here.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My first IT Job was a Part-Time job as a Domain Admin. That just sounds funny when you think about it. But I would come in at 8am and work till noon. And I was the only IT person, so if a user had a issue in the afternoon they had to wait till the next morning for me to look at it. But if it weren't for that job, I would have never broke into IT. Sometime you got to take what you can get and pray that someone else sees value in you down the road.

Non-Profits are always looking for a "Free" IT Person, you could start there?
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA