Heroes, Superstars, Gurus, and IT Gods

Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
If any of you have people in the industry that you look up to, please post their names in this thread. I'm looking for some inspiration/role models to research. They don't have to be Brad Reese, but im sure there are some big names in the industry that im just plain ignorant of. If you post a role model, tell me why you respect/revere that person. I am young in my career and would like an example of what you can do if you work your rear end off.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond to this.

Comments

• onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Alan Turing, Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M. D. Mcllroy, Joe Ossanna, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rudd Canaday, and anyone from Bell Labs for that matter.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Rear Admiral Grace Hopper is a big one. Randal Schwartz is an interesting guy. Scott Morris is another interesting guy on the networking side.

The first few on that list are the pioneers of modern day Linux and arguably HPC. Grace Hopper is just an amazing lady who is the mother of lots of computing things. Randal Schwartz is another Unix hacker (in the unix sense, not the windows way). Scott Morris is super-certed and can explain hard concepts clearly.

I think if you work your rear end off in this industry you can be very successful. I tend to measure that with technical accomplishment as opposed to monetarily.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness