Options

Another Sec+ Pass

rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Hope anyone finds this useful. I passed the exam today quite easily although it was harder then expected.

I took the CompTIA self-paced e-learning course, which was well designed, narrow to the point. It was defintely useful for objectives like disaster recovery, attack types, policies, tools etc. Generally, for the higher level stuff. I did not find that useful the more technical stuff though.

Then I bought and read Review Guide by James M. Stewart, because of great experience with Lammle's CCNA Review Guide. It is very good book as well, I'd definitely recommend it.

What's the conclusion? If you have similar background as I do (studying network at university, actively interested in security) then I would say buy the review guide to see what is expected from you, what's the terminilogy and so on; review what you know and zero in on what you don't know (googling..). That should suffice.

And about the performance based questions: these are not really performance based, it is mostly just selecting from drop-down menus and putting things into a right order.

Have fun and keep it up :)

Note: next up is probably SSCP (as i finally gained firts year of experience, hehe) icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    Congratulations!
    Keep up the good work!
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    tecketecke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Whats next?
  • Options
    Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/