Options

Why not..... critique my resume?

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Used to be 2 pages, I rammed it down to one and made it more IT specific.
I used to have my coursework completed on the bottom as a last thing as well, but I realize it may be of no importance.

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What type of position are you going for?
  • Options
    Entry security, due to the fact that I want to get my SSCP and move on up to CISSP.
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    All I can say is congratulations getting out of Staples... I started there after I lost my own business back in 2008ish... Was there about three years and just could not handle it any longer.

One thing I would say with your resume, is to still try to formalize the content. It looks like you're trying to be unique which honestly I respect that, but you still want to be within the "professional" confines of how resumes are formatted.

Good luck sir!
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • Options
    The reason I got out of staples is because of poor management. Poor doesn't even describe it. The manager got fired a week after I quit.

It was terrible. I understand it's a retail job, but shooting me from behind the bench to help customers with pencils was ok until they started bitching about computers not being done. They were severely understaffed and I literally worked the entire store with the exception of the copy and print center.

I have to look at professional resumes. I never had one. This is the only format I have ever used.
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    I would try searching on here for "resume" or "resumes" and see what people have been doing around these parts... Might find some good templates to build off of and make your own if you would like.
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)