Options

Apple Tech job vs Tech job?

SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have an option of applying for a Apple tech job and they will train me to become certified and become full time or I can take a part time job working with computer hardware and software and my A+ skills will be used. My question is, is it worth taking a Apple tech job for experience? I mean I will only be working with Apply products so I don't think it will improve my skills as I will be applying for other technical jobs fixing desktops and Microsoft software elsewhere. Thoughts? I don't know what starting pay is for a Apple Tech position so I am weighing my pros vs cons.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Compared to no experience at all? I'd say its a good starting point. It might not give you what you want long term but it almost may open doors later when someone wants "1 year technical experience" and you can provide that, just study the other stuff while you are at your apple job too.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are both of these job offers or are you simply thinking about applying? I would say apply to both and once the offers come in then decide. Either way, experience is experience. Even if its just apple products you will learn things that will help you in troubleshooting and working with other OSs. If its an apple shop you may learn some Unix which will be helpful to you as well.
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    You'll be able to translate that into higher ed. Mac is quickly taking over Windows in that field.

Other than that though, I don't know.