Options

Help with Resume and Cover Letter for Internship

josdmyerjosdmyer Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to get an internship this summer to gain more experience and this is my first internship so I would appreciate any help possible.

Here are the details for the internship:
Internship | Summer Internship

I'm attaching my resume and cover letter.
Cover Letter.doc

Resume.doc

I know the formatting for my resume is off, but I can fix that part on my own. I would appreciate the critique of the information and layout of the resume and cover letter.

Sincerely yours;
josdmyer

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I change a few thing but this is to much to for this format.
    As a summer intern and a fellow IT worker I canhelp the company and the employees

here I maintain the schools computers and anetwork in the upper division computer science lab. I also was incharge of installing new hardware and software, troubleshooting any technicalproblems, and assigning usernames and passwords.

You need to put this together because you are repeating yourself after fragmenting the sentence.
    I have acquired a variety of skills that have proven useful to me throughout my years here at college that I believe would be useful in an ITS help desk position. I have gained skills that pertain to leadership, communication, and teamwork.
    Something like this (I have gained skills that pertain to leadership, communication, and teamwork that have proven useful to me throughout my years here at college that I believe would be useful in an ITS help desk position.)

• Options
    josdmyerjosdmyer Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm still working on my cover letter, but I have worked on my resume some more and would appreciate it if you take a look and give me some feed back. I'm uploading a few different versions of my resume so please let me know what you think.

Sincerely yours;

josdmyer

resume1.pdf
    Resume2.pdf
    resume3.pdf
    resume4.pdf