Options

scenario

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Say that you applied to a couple of companies and one called you. You decide to dive into the company and grab reviews off of glassdoor.com.

You notice a lot of negative comments regarding growth and treatment.

Would you stay away or say eff it, people only tend to post reviews if they are negative anyway.

Comments

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends heavily on the job. Obviously if it's a job you're looking to stay in, avoid it. It's a stepping stone job, why would those kind of reviews matter?
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I would take glassdoor with a massive truckload of salt. While there are sometimes accurate reviews, it isn't like a product: A person with a different position or different field may be treated very differently on the job than you will. Additionally, some people just want to burn a previous employer.

I admit that I use glassdoor myself, and do consider the reviews. That said, I never let them sway me away from a company I had previously decided might be a fit based on interviews or other interactions.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you don't have a job already, take it. What do you care what some people who probably got fired have to say anyway?
  • Options
    The one thing I mainly look for is recent layoffs. I interviewed with Motorolla and declined the job offer due to the fact that their layoff percentage is very high.
  • Options
    The one thing I mainly look for is recent layoffs. I interviewed with Motorolla and declined the job offer due to the fact that their layoff percentage is very high. I have a job, so I will interview with these guys and see how they are, see what they have to offer. The company is ATOS and the position is help desk administrator.
  • Options
    Did a google search on this company and apparently there are a lot of protests going on at their headquarters and they have been branded as a company that is tasked with cutting welfare support to as many people as possible. I believe I'm looking at the correct company. And sorry about these posts, I can't edit them since I'm using IE9