Options

Another resume critique thread..

GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
Since I see so many thread about others wanting their resume critique, I'd figure I may as well get my crappy resume crtitqued as well. I'm looking to talk with HR at my job about moving to the network operations or system administration group to move out of my current help desk role. I wanted to revise my resume to submit to HR for a new position, attached is my resume let me know you guys think I need to do.

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's bland. Bold the section names and enlarge them by 2 fonts sizes. Separate the OS from the Office software. Move the certification under the education section.
    The (Hardware--Personal Computer Peripheral Support--xxxx) section seem out of place and not clear.
    You should add a summary of how you used your skill at work and the number of users that you supported.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm inexperienced in resume writing so I do appreciate the criticism. I am making the changes now.
  • Options
    I've updated the resume, is this an improvement?
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would add an objective section.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A little better but increase the font size on section titles and bold them. You have Server 2003/2008, MS Exchange and Active Directory with software. Why don't you have it with Operating Systems like Win XP/7 ?

Since you don't have much I would add the CompTIA logo to the top left corner. I would do a summary of the work you did to help fill out your resume. Like Supported so many users upgrade win2003 to 2008 stuff like that.

Don't add a objective section.