Options

Question about 70-686

ace84ace84 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I passed my 70-680 exam last year and have just booked my 70-686 exam in a month's time. I've looked through the forums for the resources you guys recommend and have been studying from the MS Press book and taking the practice exams.

I just wanted to ask you guys what your experiences have been with the 70-686 and if you found it difficult? (obviously a hard question to get an accurate answer for lol since everybody's different)

I managed to pass the 680 first time and didn't find it as hard as I was expecting. I was also thinking about what to move onto after passing the 686. I was thinking about the 70-410 windows server2012, but haven't quite decided yet.

Would appreciate any input on your experiences and any study material you guys would recommend. I'm thinking about using the Visual certexam program, do you guys recommend it? Are the questions that relevant to the exam?

Are there any simulations in the real exam?

Comments

• Options
    EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    686 was the first MS exam I've ever failed. VDI was emphasized, and I'd recommend pounding away at SCCM, too.

I used the MS Press book and after I failed I went back and researched VDI and SCCM a bit more heavily, found some labs, etc.

Question types were usually a couple of case studies totaling around ten questions, followed by a bunch of one-offs. Mostly it was multiple choice and multiple-answer multiple choice, with a few "click the image" questions for kicks. I didn't have any proper simulations.
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • Options
    Thanks your you reply, is there any labs or information you found partially helpful?
    I like to be as best prepared as i can for this exam.
    I'm getting 90% - 100% on the exam tests that come with the book.
    Is there any tests you found to be more accurate in preparing for the test ?

Id like to get as many peoples input on this.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.
  • Options
    EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry, but I don't remember specifically. Technet has some labs online, which is how I worked on SCCM (only took about an hour, but it was valuable).
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • Options
    Great thanks for the info.

Any one else have any additional thoughts / input it would be appreciated