Options

Anyone doing SAP Basis Administration?

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
OK... so, the person that recruited me for my current position contacted me with an opportunity for a person with strong AD experience, database background, and virtualization experience to be trained as an SAP Basis administrator, with promises of a large salary after a couple of years after some experience is gained.

My impression of this role is only based on the only company I've worked for that uses SAP. The Basis admin works more weekends than me, and that's saying something... I get the impression, based on nothing other than just some perception that I have in my head, that it would be pretty boring work compared to what I have done before. But knowing that demand is high for this role, and with promises of over 100K+ even in my smallish metro area in NC, I figured I would at least reach out and see if anyone else that I'm connected with is in this role.

I think I am close to being able to pull that kind of salary by "staying the course" so to speak (I'm not that far off, actually), and I mostly like what I do, technology wise. So it's not like I'm at the burned out on my existing role yet, maybe with my company, but not the role.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments