Options

Looking for info on job market in or around RTP, NC

jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm considering a move to RTP, NC this was actually brought on by a poll someone posted a month ago about what places people would prefer to work in.
I can't seem to find the tread but I wold love to here some thoughts on anyone living in that general area. I'm currently confiding Cary or Raleigh as the places I would reside.I'm moving from the suburbs of MD if that matters.

Comments

• Options
    nerdinhidingnerdinhiding Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Greetings Jab. I am from the Raleigh Durham area and currently reside here in Raleigh. The area has grown tremendously over the years but you will still find it smaller than anything in the metro DC area. The job market here in the Raleigh area is very good although the rest of the state is high unemployment. Traffic you will find is a joke compared to MD and I would dare say that traffic in Raleigh is much less than the Charlotte area. I have lived in the Midwest, worked frequently in the DC area, and VA. Cost of living is most likely less than in MD but I am not sure the difference. Numbeo.com is a good site to check averages. Some of the big employers of the area are IBM, SaS, Cisco, Lenovo, Duke University, and Merck. The Cary area is nice but probably the most expensive, Apex, Holly Springs, and North Raleigh are great areas. Wake Forest is great and cheaper but the traffic is the trade off as it is terrible there. Best of lucky in your move. Let me know if I can be of any further help with info.