Options

Got An Interview Next Week

PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
The job title is IT lead. Basically covering all aspects of IT (hardware, software and networks) support for around 600 users. I've been with my current company for 8 years. I'm stuck in a rut though and need to move. Now taking into account I live in the North of Ireland and there are never many jobs being advertised where I live, this is basically the reason I am where I am for the past 8 years. My wife is in a good job and would never leave here so moving is a no no.
However this job has been advertised. I spoke today with the recruitment agent and she said that 12 CV's were submitted by clients. The company who advertised then narrowed it down to 3 people and my CV got the most points. Well that's just great i thought until my mind began to tell me its been 8 years since I've had an interview lo.

So to say I'm rusty would be an understatement! Can someone (if possible) give me a description of what to expect? How many people? What type of questions...mostly technical or otherwise? And how to stay calm!

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    nicktornettanicktornetta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it might sound corny, but just be your confident self. show them you are the right one for the job. but be careful about talking too much. speak when spoken to, because if you keep yapping away you might end up saying something that you cant back up.

if you havent already, do some more in depth research on the company and what they do, like initiatives or projects they have going on (particularly those that you have to dig to find) and tell them how you think you can help contribute to their success. maybe ask questions about the hardware in use now, operating systems and if there are initiatives to replace either. if there are multiple offices or remote users, ask how they connect to the main office. ask about their telecom infrastructure and if they are running VoIP phones.. consider drafting up a plan to deploy new equipment/software or upgrade the phone system, should there be a budget for it.

and i dont care if everyone around the office wears pajamas. when you go to the interview, wear a suit. it doesnt hurt to look like you give a ****.