Options

Music player for a 3 year old

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi a question for those with young children.

My little one is turning 3 shortly and I wanted to get her her own music / MP3 player that she can have in her room. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas. Something nice and straight forward that I could load her Favorited songs on, and could sit on the table beside her bed so she can listing to them as she plays with her toys or is in bed?

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Hi a question for those with young children.

My little one is turning 3 shortly and I wanted to get her her own music / MP3 player that she can have in her room. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas. Something nice and straight forward that I could load her Favorited songs on, and could sit on the table beside her bed so she can listing to them as she plays with her toys or is in bed?

Cheers

Have you thought about a cheap tablet? They have several "kids tablets" with rubber cases, parental controls, etc. My daughter is 7 and loves it, but the neighbor's kid who is 4 does just fine with it as well. The built in speakers are loud enough for a kid; the parental controls make a kid friendly skin the default UI easy and you can control what apps they can and can't get to.

A google search will fill you in on the top brands and there are a lot of reviews out there (including by IT people who might have a point of view that is of interest to people who hang out here).
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    She has my ipad when she wants it, but I don't want here having one in her room. She just wants a music player. This is her request, she like mine down stairs and wants one in her room.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My son has my old iPod connected to a music player with dock connection. Doesn't use it anymore since he got my iPad.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    My 5 year has an ipod mini which we attach to an X mini II powered speaker. The iPod mini is bit of a pain in that it only charges off the little headphone jack to usb cable, but otherwise it works just fine for her. Maybe a used iPod 2 or 3 with a powered speaker would work well?
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness