Options

Career advice Cisco track

Ok, I need some guidance and advice.

I'm about to complete my CCNA cert in a short time, and will progress to the NP R&S track. My intent, is to then go for either the Security or Voice tracks.

I was advised to first get my NP in R&S, as it will deepen my understanding of Cisco networking, and the Voice or Security track will make more sense, and it will make me more employable.

My question is.....which track is more attractive to employers, or will give my the most opportunities? Voice or Security?

While I'm intrigued by security, more so with Pen Testing, which I know has nothing really to do with NP Sec, I'm hoping it allows me to get in the Sec field somewhere. But...I was told by someone that people need to talk, so Voice probably makes more sense.

Outside of the usual, "follow what you want to do" advice, what do you suggest? I've tried looking at job boards, but those can be a bit misleading. Are there less jobs for a particular cert, yeah I know experience trumps everything, because people with those skills get offered quickly--or is there not as much demand.

For what it's worth, I'm North of Chicago, and and willing to work in Chicago or the surrounding communities, if that helps.

Thanks in advance