Options

Comptia certification costs

Just wanted to get an idea how much the certifications cost to get. And where is the best place to take them. I want to take the Network+ and Security+ Certs.

Thanks,

Mike
1's and 0's

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The exams are administered through either Prometric, or Vue. It makes no difference at all which you choose, I would recco using who ever is closer to your home. Find a testing center, here for Vue, and here for Prometric, then you register, schedule the exam, and pay with a voucher. You can purchase a voucher for each exam using the link on the left side, "Exam Vouchers". They are a reputable company used by many people here, and they help to sponsor this site, keeping it free for you and me, plus you get a TechExams discount. The Network+ exam is around $150, and Sec+ will run you $164. Those include the voucher itself, and some sort of package of practice questions and study guides. There are more expensive packages available, those just come with more study material. Per Comptia, you cannot purchase just a voucher anymore. Also, GetCertified4Less has a few good offers on a "early expiry voucher". It is the same thing, with the exception it will expire within a couple of weeks. You do not have to purchase until you are ready to test.
    i remain, he who remains to be....