Options

Voice and Security, what's hot?

chapapachapapa Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'am seeing voice evolving so what do you think will be a trend for the next 1-5 years? :)

Comments

• Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    I can speak on Cisco VoIP and there's a big move to cloud hosting services as well as unified computing servers. I think knowing virtualization, storage and SIP are going to be pretty common soon. I noticed there's more emphasis on "Big Data", "Cloud Computing" now. I'm looking to specialize more into that.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I think voice is going to get even hotter. I often wonder what the market will be for security in 5 years though. You must have noticed that every Tom, Dick or Harry wants to do security now. I see it every day, everywhere - everybody wants to get into security and most of them don't even know what it is. When you ask them something they are incapable of giving you a answer that makes sense because they have no idea what's going on. They just want it because it looks cool in the movies and in the media. Of course I am not talking about people on TE because as we know they are not the norm. What I'm getting at is that I see the market becoming saturated. I may not be right but that's how I see it. Even when I go to the grocery store I hear someone talking about how he's getting into the security field.If it happens there is probably going to be reduced pay even though the ones who have no idea what they're doing aren't going to be the best professionals.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    IT69IT69 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Virtualization,Voice,Security... I these being/staying Real "hot" lol. Though honestly anything could be considered hot, if you are really good at something and find a job that pays well for that , you are going to consider whatever you are doing "hot".
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how does one specialize in "big data"? Any good certs on this one. Looks like this one will be around for some time.
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think voice is going to get even hotter. I often wonder what the market will be for security in 5 years though. You must have noticed that every Tom, Dick or Harry wants to do security now. I see it every day, everywhere - everybody wants to get into security and most of them don't even know what it is. When you ask them something they are incapable of giving you a answer that makes sense because they have no idea what's going on. They just want it because it looks cool in the movies and in the media. Of course I am not talking about people on TE because as we know they are not the norm. What I'm getting at is that I see the market becoming saturated. I may not be right but that's how I see it. Even when I go to the grocery store I hear someone talking about how he's getting into the security field.If it happens there is probably going to be reduced pay even though the ones who have no idea what they're doing aren't going to be the best professionals.

Nothing bothers me more than guys with Security+ thinking they know security. Some people don't realize that Security+ is just a introduction. I remember one guy talking about securing a router but wasn't even at a CCENT level of knowledge. All theory but can't perform.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would be more worried about what i would still enjoy doing 5 years from now than whats hot.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    JustFred wrote: »
    I would be more worried about what i would still enjoy doing 5 years from now than whats hot.

Couldn't have said it better.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.