Options

Resume need critque thank you in advance...

eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Had my resume looked at but just curious how it is right now.

Let me know ladies and gentlemen if there is anything to fix.

For obvious reasons I changed the wording on names and such for private reasons.

Appreciate and thank you in advance...techexams.doctechexams.doc
Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not bad, but I would take off hub and driver license. And I would make a sentence out of user permissions and active directory then have it run on from configuring routers and switches.
  • Options
    DCD wrote: »
    Not bad, but I would take off hub and driver license. And I would make a sentence out of user permissions and active directory the have it run on from configuring routers and switches.

thank you for your input... sorry i dont understand what you mean by make a sentence of my active directory and run from routers and switches? Appreciate the clarification and thank you again.
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm okay with the format, but one thing really stands out to me. You have little in terms of experience while you have listed heaps of things in your summary and skills section. As a hiring manager I'd like to see how you configured/used stuff rather than a laundry list of keywords. You've listed Active Directory in your skills but I cannot see anything about it in your Experience section.

Your Skills section is really a whole list of keywords clubbed together. See you've got Antimalware and Remote Desktop in the same string, you've got SCSI/SSD and Format (what's this?) and what not in the Software section. That really software? In Networking, please get rid of hubs.

Make your Experience Section beefy, not a "fakee" Skills section. Looks like you've gone through all the jobs on your job boards and picked up a list of things and put them in your resume. I want to see what you've done at your job, not what you claim to have skills in.

Another word of caution, do not list things in the Skills section if you cannot talk about them non-stop for more than a few minutes. I had a guy come in for an interview the other day, sys admin role and the poor thing couldnt tell how DNS worked or how DHCP dished out IP addresses. He had DNS and DHCP listed in bold in his Skills section. I asked him of his key skills, and he goes - I'm proficient with DNS and DHCP networking. That's the exact words. Red flag right away with the networking word in there. Asked him to explain how DNS worked, couldnt answer. Asked him some basic troubleshooting questions, crapped out on all of them. Couldnt even connect to a printer. I asked him to tell me what he thought he was good at. By this time the guy was perspiring like he was in a sauna and excused himself and bolted through the door. Moral of the story - you better know what you list on that resume.

P.S. Not saying you'd fare the same in an interview, just providing you friendly advice. I'm very honest with my critiques.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Under professional profile you have configure user permissions, active directory then under Technical skill you have create user accounts and permissions in active directory. Also I would move MCTS above CompTIA A+.

As I said earlier and Essendon also said that hub lose you a lot of credibility.
  • Options
    Thank you got it changed what you told me and got rid of hubs.

Now for the other suggestion I see what you mean and I don't put anything unless I can talk my ass off of it. I always been a technical minded person and over explain things and dumb it down for others all the time in my life. I was just getting help resume wise because I may have done helpdesk stuff for a while it is still not real experience like servers or networking in a corporate environment and thats where I'm trying to get into.

My dream is get into networking getting my CCNA before this year is out and network+ in like 2 weeks or so. The only subject where I dont mind reading all day on is networking soaking up network+ and CCNA Odom books as we speak lol.

Still I need money badly now and all I keep getting now is driving tech jobs where is like 2 hours away from recruiters which is annoying especially since its crap pay and I have to pay for gas. I drive a Lexus IS and gets like 16 mpg so thats out the way.

I'm going to try seeing how I can beef up the experience section by talking about achievements but I was trying to keep it one page format like a lot of people recommend.

Thank you guys for the input greatly appreciate it.