Options

Windows 2003 exams added to MCDBA core

2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 exams now can be used to fulfill the networking systems core exam requirement in combination with SQL Server 2000 exams. I highly recommend that you choose either of the two Windows 2003 exams as your Networking systems core. The technology trend is moving. Make sure you're not left behind...:D

MCDBAs on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 are not required to pass Windows Server 2003 exams to retain MCDBA certification. The Windows 2000 Server exams and the Windows Server 2003 exams for the MCDBA on SQL Server 2000 certification remain available concurrently.

If you want to know more about the Windows 2003 Exam integration, use the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcdba/requirements.asp

Regards,
2lbs.
Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    What are your own plans for this?
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Oh, I’m going for the Windows 2003 exam for sure. Although I've heard that it’s out as a beta release now, I haven't seen it yet. ....So I've got 228 and 291 to knock out. I already have 229 (core) and 175 (elective). I think I'll have to start the mission within a couple of weeks from now before it's too late. Microsoft will most probably take out 175 as an elective once SQL Server "Yukon" is in market since "Yukon" will be completely integrated with VS.net "Yukon". Once VS.net "Yukon" is in market then Visual Studio 6.0 exams will most likely be out of the electives list. So by 2006, we're talking about a "Yukon" SQL Server, a "Yukon" Windows, and a "Yukon" Visual Studio. (Cutting-edge technology) icon_mrgreen.gif

Man.... and then "Longhorn" is at it's very heels. :o

I’m getting dizzy, icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.