What other certs does Linux+ come with?

NbiserNbiser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've heard if I were to take linux+ I would be able to get several other certifications. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Yes, its true.
  • NbiserNbiser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Yes, its true.

Do you know what the other certifications are?
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nbiser wrote: »
    Do you know what the other certifications are?

LPI-1, Novell Certified Linux Administrator, and SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA)

Source
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    You get the:
    LPIC-1
    Linux+
    Novell CLA
    Novell DCTS

look under my name
    <----
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I really don't know why you get 3 more certifications, it's kind of ridiculous...
    I am personally having hard time listing certifications I did not directly worked on, I hardly ever list my CLA which came with LPIC-1.
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I concur. I'd prefer if they make me sit the other cert exams for free after passing Linux+, which can probably improve the value of the certs.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I agree as well, I definitely do not list the CLA and DCTS on my resume, however the L+ is 2 exams and a combined effort between CompTIA and LPI so I do list L+ and LPIC-1 since they are valid industry certs.
    No, the Linux+ is probably one of the toughest exams out there. Tougher than Novel etc. So if novel etc. want to do that, I think that it is fine.
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I would not dare make the statement that Linux+ is one of the toughest exams. I'm not ready to take it, I'm going over the material, but there is nothing hard to understand about it, just lots to remember.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nbiser wrote: »
    the Linux+ is probably one of the toughest exams out there
    No, not really
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs