Options

Question(s) from a Noob

Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a good while now and finally decided to sign up a couple of weeks back. I would like to take the Security+ exam and I've been using DG's book to get prepared, along with a few of Professor Messer videos. I wanted to register and take the exam Thursday (two days from now) but it appears the Pearson Vue Website is down, (I wonder if that has anything to do with China suing them yesterday). Any last minute advice?

I keep taking all sorts of practice exams I find online and am scoring very well, I'm killing all of DG's questions in the back of the book, I score very well with DG's flash cards on his App (which seem to be the same questions from the book), and only missed two question on the official Compti practice exam. I think I'm ready to get Sec out of the way, so I can move on to obtaining my CCENT/CCNA. I start a Information Security Analyst Job in a few weeks and want to start well prepared to take on some real life experience... Also, I keep reading alot about these performance based questions on Sec+ exam, but I can't find anything to help me prepare/study for them. What are the performance based question based on? How do I prepare for them?

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome. I'm not sure why Pearson Vue is down but looking at their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PearsonVUE) they're aware of the problem but the source seems to be eluding them. Interestingly, they are providing a link to a page with phone numbers but of course, while the site is down, you can't access it. Hope it's up in time for you to schedule the exam.

One thing I like to stress with practice test questions is that you should have a good understanding of why the correct answers are correct AND why the incorrect answers are incorrect. This way, no matter how CompTIA words the questions, you will be able to answer them correctly.

Last, the Performance Based Questions were added at the beginning of this year which is why you might be having some problems finding them. A Google search on "performance based questions security+" might help.

Good luck.