Options

Hi, I failed my 70-640

Dazza666Dazza666 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I failed my 70-640 today with a 624 icon_sad.gif, it's the first time I've studied an MS exam since I qualified as an MCSE 2k3 about 5 years ago! Thought my experience may help some people. The exam had loads of RMS on it and I consider myself weakest on CS LDS RMS and FS so I was bummed to see plenty of content on these! Ironically CS was my strongest part and I was weakest on DNS which was a surprise because I'm confident on DNS! What I found disturbing was some of the questions are grouped in to sets (hope i'm allowed to mention that) So if you are on the wrong train of thought or you don't fully understand that topic you can immediately lose 5-6 questions in one hit. Also the questions fluctuate from very simple high level questions to suddenly an in depth question on a wim. I'm gonna take a break because i'm getting married soon and things are busy but i'm gutted I can't move on the the 70-642 and at the moment the thought of taking this again fills me with dread, I really did put in a ton of effort for this. I guess I need to brush up on command-line switches FS and RMS. A word of advice for anyone taking the exam would be to learn the names of the MMC snap-ins and run through the LAB for FS and RMS 3-4 times. It's essential.Best of luck anyone taking this soon.

Comments

• Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It certainly is a tough exam - I took it for the third time yesterday and managed to do even worse than last time! I think you're right about RMS and FS, I have been through the lab a couple of times but still don't understand it properly. It makes sense to keep doing it until you get to grips with it.

Are you planning to retake it any time soon? I made the mistake of waiting a year from my previous attempt - I've forgotten a lot of stuff since then!
  • Options
    Dazza666Dazza666 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I wanna re-take it soon, the sooner the better but i'm getting married soon and I can't see me being able to commit to studying until after now but I wanna take it within the next two months. I think i'm gonna get another source to study from. I found the transcender mock exams absolutely nothing like the real thing. Transcenders were way more in-depth and fell outside the scope of what I consider were the exam objectives but that's just me! I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass it btw I can appreciate what a set back it is!
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that man, I failed with a similar score a few months back after putting in a massive amount of effort. I thought I'd take a break from it to get my head straight as it totally shattered my confidence having failed an exam but never failing one ever before- I too was hammered with similar questions to the ones you mentioned above. However it's a good few months on now and I need to get studying and re-sit it otherwise I can see the year flying by and not doing anything- I too want to get the MCSA 2008 in the bag so got to get back into it. Crazy busy at work and home life is manic with my wife working evenings I have to look after the baby so it's going to be difficult to devote loads of study time this time around but will do what I can. Good luck with the wedding man, I know how hectic and time consuming the whole process is but the day will be awesome icon_smile.gif Just try to be positive with the studying and hit it again soon otherwise it gets even harder to motivate yourself, as I have found out the hard way!