Options

700/800 series changes

psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
What is different in the 800 a+ series from the 700? Has anyone taken both? I need to decide which one to take quickly.

Comments

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you haven't started I would go with the 800 series.
  • Options
    psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why the 800? I see there are more performance based questions on the test but is it any harder or easier then the 700?
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The best way to see the differences is to compare the objectives of each side by side. I wrote a blog comparing the two about a year ago. Some of the significant differences in the 800 series exams are:
    • Windows 7 Enterprise is included
    • Mobile devices (such as iPads) are included
    • Virtualization is new
    • Troubleshooting wireless is new
    • A significant amount of security is added (including wireless security, troubleshooting security, and SOHO security)
    • Performance based testing.
    Also, the 700 series exams are no longer available after Aug 31, 2013 so if not sure you'll pass both exams before then, you should do the 800 series.

From a difficulty level, they are both about the same except that some people are uncomfortable with the performance based questions.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The performance based questions really aren't that big of a deal and they only give you a couple of them (3 I think)...and anyone that has prepared shouldn't be losing sleep over them. My advice is to not sweat the performance based stuff, if you focus on the study domains and get that down then those will come easy to you.