IT Magazines anyone?

xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
Anyone get any monthly magazines of the latest gadget or IT Trends? I want to be more active in learning about new products or anything IT related and wants to get like a monthly magazine subscription. Maybe some tech websites anyone uses on a regular? Any input would be appreciated, I'm sure there are a few people that would like to know as well. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Try Web Apps, Web Technology Trends, Social Networking and Social Media – ReadWrite . Probably no need for one with a subscription. There is everything on the Internet and it is updated on a daily basis :D
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Very True lol Thanks
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Daily Rotation gives a nice overview to various tech related stories. It is updated usually a couple of times a day. DAILY ROTATION . I also use the Zite app on my Ipad and select categories I am interested in and have them display them daily.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't subscribe to magazines anymore except Maximum PC which I am not sure why I kept a subscription for so long since I no longer fit the demographic they write for now a days. "Super Intel CPU SMASHES records, water cooling extreme!!11, Apple suxors!1". I also realized I think the neon light computer cases are lame looking. So I am not renewing, it ended up as a bathroom reader anyways....

I use Flipboard app and I have a bunch of different news sites added like NPR, Arstechnica, Wired, Hacker News, "Hack a Day", Cult of Mac, CNET.
  • Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good thread topic.

I tend to use Pulse.Me through a browser. Pulse on my Android phone.

You can select multiple sources and have them compiled under one category - Technology , News, Fashion, Sports, Games, etc.. it becomes very useful as you can scroll through, select, and read on a topic.

Their website has become quite nice to use too. You can change the way the tiles are displayed, similar to a Windows Phone 7/8. Writing this now makes me want to change my default homepage to it. Cheers!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I get free issues of network world and computer world at work. Its good toilet reading :)
    I also got a free subscription at my last job. I think its free if you're in an IT dept or something, you just have to ask.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Great stuff, thanks for input everyone