Cisco Study Lab

tycoonbobtycoonbob Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good evening.

I am currently studying for my CCENT and plan to take the exam in a few weeks. I have been studying with TrainSignal's CBT videos and Packet Tracer.
Afterward I will be working on my CCNA, and later CCNA Security. I am wanting to build a home lab to get physical equipment experience, that I will be able to add to so I can study for later exams.

I am wanting to go with equipment that supports IOS 15, as well, so what is recommended? I am wanting to stay cheap, but I don't expect $30 routers to be compatible with IOS 15. What am I looking for?

Thanks!

Comments

• jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Just off the top of my head I would guess 1841's. There may be some 800 series that run 15. Cheap and ios 15 probably don't go in the same sentence :). Somebody else would probably chime in with a better answer.
    WGU grad
  • tycoonbobtycoonbob Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I would be willing to buy a router or switch at a time around $250, if IOS 15 devices could be had for that. If not, 12.4 is supposed to be pretty close to 15...right?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Strangely, the 2801, 2821, and 3825 seem to run slightly cheaper than the 1841 in the places I've looked.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]