Options

70-414 practice test question: file servers

Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking at a practice test and one question I find a bit confusing...

Planning an administrative model for the departments to meet the following reqs:

- R&D managers must be able to backup all the files for their department only.
- Finance managers must be able to view the audit logs for the files of their department only.
- HR managers must be able to view the audit logs for the files of their department only.
- Sales managers must be able to modify the permissions on all the shared folders of their department.

How many file servers would you need?

====
For R&D, the only way I can think of is making the managers Backup Operators and giving them their own server (since I don't want them to be able to backup other departments).

For Finance and HR, enabling dynamic access control would allow me to audit each folder separately, however I don't see any way of delegating viewing their specific logs only. So one server for each again.

For Sales, give them Full Control on the shares/folders. These could cohabit with Finance or HR.

Are there other ways to meet the requirements? I see 3 servers total to do this config.. Thanks!
Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...

Comments

• Options
    Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3 Sounds about right

"A backup operator is an user that can back up and restore the computer regardless of file system security. A member of the Backup Operators group can extract files and directories for which the user would normally not have access."

Nate