Options

Anyone excited for Battlefield 4?

13»

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I never played any FPS games aside from counter strike when I was in college 10 years ago but I picked up BF4 when I bought my new gaming PC 3 weeks ago's and I have been addicted ever since. I love it

Ah, the good ole cs days. Loved playing some beta 7.1 back in late 90's. Yes, it and I are that old icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    got this for PS3…. Loads of glitches and horrible graphics. Pretty disappointed.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    j.petrov wrote: »
    got this for PS3…. Loads of glitches and horrible graphics. Pretty disappointed.

I've seen the reviews for it on the PS4. Same thing. Buggy, unfinished mess. I guess they'll patch it so it's playable one day.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I don't see how people can claim it's a copy and paste when one is the ending and the next is the beginning. I can see it is paying homage because the "Ghosts" are supposed to be a reference to "Ghost" Riley in Modern Warfare 2. Since the story line became a total mess I figured they just abandoned that story line.

No I'm with you. I think the people saying its a copy/paste of past cods are missing the significance of that scene and taking it out of context.

I was posting that to show that in 4 years they have pretty much the same quality of graphics. I only play the multiplayer part of the games and tbh it feels like every new cod simply changes maps, guns, kill streaks but leaves everything else the same(from my perspective of only playing online). If this were a different franchise on a PC we wouldn't have cod ghosts....it would be cod mw2 v5.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    No I'm with you. I think the people saying its a copy/paste of past cods are missing the significance of that scene and taking it out of context.

I was posting that to show that in 4 years they have pretty much the same quality of graphics. I only play the multiplayer part of the games and tbh it feels like every new cod simply changes maps, guns, kill streaks but leaves everything else the same(from my perspective of only playing online). If this were a different franchise on a PC we wouldn't have cod ghosts....it would be cod mw2 v5.

I think games run in cycles of popularity and COD is waning because that fad wore out a ton of casual gamers. I was heavy into Unreal Tournmanent and a couple of it's sequels until I couldn't stand FPS games anymore.

COD's problem was it was TOO popular so change too much and risk killing the profit streak early. You don't want to be the "Batman and Robin" in the Batman franchise that kills the franchise until enough years pass and somebody can reboot it.

I might find myself back into RTS games after I burn out on Borderlands 2.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I thought this article about the CoD games was interesting. But Battlefield is also making its way there too. Call of Duty is just a trend. It's "cool" to just own it.

Call of Duty Players 'Aren't Hardcore Gamers', Says Infinity Ward - IGN
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    CoD gives me headache. I wish FPSs withhigh skill ceilings like Quake, UT would make a comeback. Battlefied is as far as I'll go when it comes to arcade shooters on consoles. Killzone Shadow Fall is very decent too, doesn't have any auto aim so you have to aim to shoot. Much better than CoD where the game basically aims for you.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tried BF4 (borrowed it)
    Its not my cup of tea. Too slow for my taste. I however do love parachuting everywhere. And the vehicles are cool.

Been playing CoD Ghosts and its the same as all the other CoDs but I like the gameplay way better than BF4.
    Ironically I found BF4 to be pretty much exactly the same as BF3 too. But only CoD gets a bad rep for recycled gameplay.
    Waiting for the next Halo!
  • Options
    olaHalo wrote: »
    Tried BF4 (borrowed it)
    Its not my cup of tea. Too slow for my taste. I however do love parachuting everywhere. And the vehicles are cool.

Been playing CoD Ghosts and its the same as all the other CoDs but I like the gameplay way better than BF4.
    Ironically I found BF4 to be pretty much exactly the same as BF3 too. But only CoD gets a bad rep for recycled gameplay.
    Waiting for the next Halo!

How long did you play it? To get the full effect, you need to join a good server and a good squad that actually completes the objectives by working together. CoD is just run and gun, no tactical play at all.
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    How long did you play it? To get the full effect, you need to join a good server and a good squad that actually completes the objectives by working together. CoD is just run and gun, no tactical play at all.

Youre probably right.
    I played it for probably around 10 hrs.

I think one of the reasons CoD is so popular is because it is run and gun.
    It requires no thought or planning. Just quick reactions, map understanding, and a lil aim.
    Perfect for someone who doesnt want to get too serious and just casually play after work/study
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Ah, the good ole cs days. Loved playing some beta 7.1 back in late 90's. Yes, it and I are that old icon_sad.gif

Fellow CS beta player here icon_thumright.gif

I played CS 1.6/Source and BF2 all throughout college...can't even begin to count how many hours I logged (wasted) lol.

I fired up BF3 the other day just for fun...I might get BF4. I just haven't been into FPS's as much since I got into MOBA's, mainly LoL.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    So far been enjoying it when I get to play.
    I usually do domination or TDM for shorter game play rounds with a decent experience reward.
    Conquest Large if I have a bit more time to play at night.

I am hoping they fix some of the instability issues soon as I can't even finish Single Player story icon_sad.gif [Unlocks things for MP as you complete it]
    **PC Player here**
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I had to promise myself I will start back to studies after the new year lol BF4 has been my after work activities most nights icon_wink.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    Post your alias' so we can friend up. Mine is phoeneous.
  • Options
    So yeah, wifey just bought an xbox one :) I'll keep playing bf4 on pc though, I dont think I'd do well with console controllers.
  • Options
    So yeah, wifey just bought an xbox one :) I'll keep playing bf4 on pc though, I dont think I'd do well with console controllers.

Try flying with a controller. I can fly the helicopter like a madman with the xbox 360 controller to PC adapter.
    I prefer KB and mouse though for game play minus that.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    like BF4, im on 360, I dont want to get a 1 but my friends are on it. Problem is I dont have any other reasons to buy the console.
  • Options
    Anyone wants to add me on PC PM me and I'll shoot your my tag :)
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□

I'm hoping my lady has one waiting for me to unwrap next week. Unlikely though....lol
  • Options
    I'm on the One, will be picking up BF4. PM if you want added, all of my friends went the PS4 route/stayed on 360 until March when the real cool titles come out.

I have my turtle beaches rigged up to the One and I have not "hot wired" my microphone yet so no voice but I can hear ya LOUD and CLEAR :)
  • Options
    So I've officially uninstalled bf4. Need to dedicate my time to ccnp. Have fun to all that are still playing.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    I'm on the One, will be picking up BF4. PM if you want added, all of my friends went the PS4 route/stayed on 360 until March when the real cool titles come out.

I have my turtle beaches rigged up to the One and I have not "hot wired" my microphone yet so no voice but I can hear ya LOUD and CLEAR :)

PM sent! Turns out the lady didn't have the XB One for me under the tree but my boss had bought one as a gift.
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    I stopped playing because of disconnections. Can any of you advanced network admins please apply for openings at DICE/EA and fix their servers please?
  • Options
    Params7 wrote: »
    I stopped playing because of disconnections. Can any of you advanced network admins please apply for openings at DICE/EA and fix their servers please?

What console/pc? I was worried about all the bug reports I read after I bought the game but can happily report I have not experienced any of the major ones in ~10 hours of play.
  • Options
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Fellow CS beta player here icon_thumright.gif

I fired up BF3 the other day just for fun...I might get BF4. I just haven't been into FPS's as much since I got into MOBA's, mainly LoL.
    NA server?
    I play too. Not that good though...
  • Options
    Selling my video card if anyone is interested, $100 shipped.

- For Sale - - Page 29
  • Options
    Selling my video card if anyone is interested, $100 shipped.

- For Sale - - Page 29

Your on the Xbone? Add me: FR Cheap. EngRob and I were stomping around in helis and in general having a good time the other night.