Options

Anyone else upset about the new CBT nuggets CCNA videos?

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
I am really disappointed on how bad these videos are. The old video is actually better than the new one.

Comments

• Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the same reaction. They are pretty much the same thing as the old ones. He literally says the same stuff.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Whats so bad about the new ones?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    He leaves out A LOT of material.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Such as? Is there anything in particular that I should search for in the old videos?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    You do know that the CBT videos are simply supplemental in nature? They aren't meant to replace reading material but with that said, what is so bad about his new videos? I would assume the majority will be rehashed material with a few new bits here and there.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    You do know that the CBT videos are simply supplemental in nature? They aren't meant to replace reading material but with that said, what is so bad about his new videos? I would assume the majority will be rehashed material with a few new bits here and there.

This is false. You can easily pass CCNA with Train signal or INE
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    sizeon wrote: »
    Umm, did you happen to not see that the subject at hand is "CBT Nuggets"? Considering you started this topic on "CBT Nuggets". Meh! Anyway...to each his own
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□

INE seems to just record their Bootcamps. That's why watching an ICND2 topic, the instructor spent [way to much] time reviewing the OSI model. The students had probably only learned about it a day or two earlier and needed the review.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    afrodafrod Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would have thought they would be much the same, with the addition of IPV6, HSRP, and whatever else they are adding to the exam. Is that not the case?
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□

Well there is a major difference between the Train signal and cbt nuggets videos. The cbt videos provide a very good intro to the CCNA topics and get your blood flowing, so to speak. But they certainly do not cover everything you need to know to pass the exams. The train signal videos are much more thorough and cover pretty much everything you will need to know to pass the exams.

Using the cbt nuggets videos and Todd Lammles ccna study guide will give you a very good introduction to networking but you will need Train signal and Odoms cisco press books to fill in the blanks.

I started my studies by going through the first few chapters in Lammles book and watching the cbt nuggets to help break up the theory. Once i had the basics down i purchased Odom's books and later on the Train signal videos to drill it all in. The train signal videos may be a little dryer then the cbt videos, but they are really good in helping you really understand how everything works. I quite liked them. They are much more enjoyable after you have a good grasp of the basics.
  • Options
    craigc84craigc84 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not disappointed too much. I started watching the old ones then realised that there was the new exams so started watching the new ones. Only watching the chapters which are covering new content such as the vlan chapters. What I am disappointed with is how he uses the same jokes. What I am impressed with is how he stays so enthusiastic even tho this is the third time he has recorded basically the same content. The videos are good but I know it's leaving a lot out and leaves me with more questions at the end of the chapters. Which I think is good as it makes me want to go and find the answers.... Still waiting for my odom books to arrive. I had not heard of train signal videos until now. I'll give them a crack once I've watched cbtnuggets