Options

Understanding the SP network

sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a few questions on finding books/websites/etc that would be of good help when it comes to trying to gain a better knowledge to the SP network (layer1/layer2 and odd layer3 configs as there is alot of coverage on the majority of layer 3).

I am doing alot of nightly turn-up's of DS3s/OC3's/OC12's etc along with of course T1's in PPP/MLPPP/FR/ATM and what im looking for is a good resource to troubleshoot the varrier controller errors or symptoms of what maybe the issue as well as understanding the different pieces past the demarc(as well as the demarc itself) and their general uses/symptoms/heck even what they look like.

I know there is a very unlikely chance that i will get a "one stop answer" but anything at this point will help as my goal is to have enough knowledge to know when a dispatch is required and when its a lost cause/time to back out etc. I've tried to track down old cisco SDH/SONET/Serial/Frame-Relay/ATM out of print books but im having an issue with paying 200-300$ for them used on amazon.

Thanks