Lync Forest Preperation

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

Can any one tell me why I am getting the error in the screen capture below, it worked fine on my test bed which is a direct copy of the live system? I am using the same account I did in the test bed which should have full domain control. I am not an AD admin so this is probably something really simple I am missing.

Thanks

Edit: user is member of "Enterprise admins"
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For forest prep, I believe you also have to be in Schema Admins
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Try running Enable-CsAdForest and see what you get. I've seen weird cases where you even need to specify -GroupDomain, -GroupDomainController, or -GlobalCatalog value for this command.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    that ran with out issues from power-shell? And now when I go back in to the Lync set up it says forest preparation is complete!?

Oh well I wont complain and thank you very much for the tip :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.