CCNA Data Center - Self Study Materials?

shirazirshirazir Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking to go down the Data Center track, beginning with the CCNA DC obviously. I'd like to self study ideally as it works well for me. This in mind, are there any recommended videos (doubt it) or Sybex/Cisco Press books geared directly towards the cert?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Unfortunately you'll have to read whitepapers, and the current books until focused books arrived. Take the blueprint and dissect it. Works every time. Let's be clear, Lammle's book is only one half of the certification. Take the list below and match the materials to the blueprint. INE is supposedly working on NA/NP materials to go with their IE DC materials but there's no ETA.

CCIE Data Center Recommended Reading List
    http://www.amazon.com/NX-OS-Cisco-Nexus-Switching-Next-Generation/dp/1587143046/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367538259&sr=8-3&keywords=cisco+ucs
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I'd rely on documentation from Cisco.com and other various standard.

Cisco really lacks material for some solid tracks (Data Center, Wireless, Video) With the popularity Data Center has I'm sure that won't last long.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looking forward to Lammle's DC material.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DCICN is really easy. No need to buy Todd's book in my opinion as long as you have CCNA. For the DCICT, I've been using DCUFI v4, DCUCI v4, and INE's CCIE DC videos. Currently stuck in Fiber Channel and FCoE topics and haven't been studying since coming back from vacation. Though, most of my time now have been spent somewhere else that is more important than certification, at least in my opinion.
  • HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have passed both tests to obtain the CCNA: DC this last month. I relied mostly on the INE CCIE Data Center video series and work experience. The videos are above and beyond what is encompassed on the exams but there really is not much out there atm for this track.
  • HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to add that if you work for a cisco partner check out this site:

https://cloudlab-us-west-01.cisco.com/+CSCOE+/logon.html

There are simulations for vPC's, OTV, Nexus 7k, UCS, 1000v and various lother abs that were very well built.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You don't have to work for a Cisco partner to get access to that site. You just need an Account Manager's approval then you're good to go. I think some SE can give access as well if I am not mistaken. Check CLN's site if you don't know anybody that is an SE or AM since they've been giving out access to anybody that ask for it.