Options

Best Network+ book/study guide for no experience?

TravC16TravC16 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in college and I wanted to know what's a good book/study guide for the Net+ exam especially since I have no experience. I've heard a lot about Sybex and Mike Myers books. What is a good book/study guide for a newby?

And a side question since the network+ isn't for life and you have to recertify every 3 years is it even worth trying to get? I know its a entry level cert to get entry level jobs but now that you have to recertify and probably have to pay more money for the comptia CEUs is it even worth going for to try and land a entry level job? I want to eventually work my way up to doing Information/network security.

Comments

• Options
    DragonrangerDragonranger Member Posts: 101
    I like Mike Meyers All in One cert guide. My method of study was to set a goal of how many pages i wanted to read per day. Since I have alot going on with work and school I decided to go easy and read 10-15 pages per day. Sometimes more. Got together with a classmate and did study sessions watching professer messer, and doing lab sims in Testout. Also got a whiteboard, hung it on my wall and wrote things down I have trouble memorizing. I look at it everyday.
  • Options
    thecoolnerdsthecoolnerds Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend the CBT Nuggets N10-005 videos. The dude on them explains them really good. He goes into good detail on how everything works and why it should matter to you.